Re: JavaScript implementation of RFC 3986 / STD 66 URI ref resolution

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:35:30 -0500
To: Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org

Mike,

 Wow -- Impressive work!  Both the code and the tests.

 I'm not sure whether the value of having 2 independent implementations
 outweighs the practicality of just taking your code for the Tabulator
library.

Tim

(I don't know whether the licence you put on it is a sublicence of
the W3C one, as it requires that Modifications are attributed to their
author(s);)

___________________________________

Dan Connolly wrote:
 > Interesting; is your list of tests published somewhere? Please add
 > a link from
 >  http://esw.w3.org/topic/UriTesting

My tests are mostly copies of the others that were listed there,
plus a few from other sources, mainly this list.

I've gone ahead and published my code and a little test suite that
runs both mine and TimBL's against all the tests:

  http://skew.org/uri/
    uri_funcs.js = my JavaScript URI lib
    uri_tests.js = test cases and unit testing function
    uri_tests.html = runs the tests and displays the results

 > As to the tests that fail, it's most convenient if you report
 > them via the issue tracker.
 >   http://dig.csail.mit.edu/issues/tabulator/

OK, done:

  http://dig.csail.mit.edu/issues/tabulator/issue149