Re: JavaScript implementation of RFC 3986 / STD 66 URI ref resolution

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 13:14 -0700, Mike Brown wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Have you seen this one? I'm not sure if it works in IE.
> >   http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/uri.js
> >
> > but it comes with tests.
> > http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/test/uri-test-doc.html
>
> I hadn't seen that one; thanks. It does work in IE, but I ran it through a
> more comprehensive set of test cases and it failed on a number of them: 56 out
> of 186 combinations. Is there anyone maintaining that code? I could provide a
> list of cases that fail.

Interesting; is your list of tests published somewhere? Please add
a link from
 http://esw.w3.org/topic/UriTesting
 (no account required, I think.)

As to the tests that fail, it's most convenient if you report
them via the issue tracker.
  http://dig.csail.mit.edu/issues/tabulator/

It requires the typical email callback account setup. I hope
that's a manageable inconvenience.
It's on our wish list to support OpenID.
  http://dig.csail.mit.edu/issues/tabulator/issue18

If you just want to mail them here, I'll add the issue.

For more about the tabulator, see...
  http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/Help

> I think I've got my RegExp problem sorted out and have a fully conformant
> implementation coded now. It was easier to solve than I thought. The problem
> was related to the fact that IE's RegExp engine doesn't differentiate between
> empty and missing groups -- e.g., "abc" vs regular expression "abc(d?)(e)?"
> results in a match but with both groups being empty strings, rather than one
> being undefined.
>
> I'll post my version somewhere soon.

I look forward to it.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E