RE: URI and IRI Templating (What did I get myself into?)

Benjamin Carlyle wrote:
> > Benjamin Carlyle wrote:
> > > In general, I think that parsing will happen on actual
> urls rather
> > > than url templates.
> > Can you give an example?  I'm not clear on your thoughts.
>
> Well... just that urls are going to be parsed. We know that. Templates
> are going to be substituted. That, too, we know. I'm not sure we know
> whether it will be an important use case to actually parse (as opposed
> to substituting) a url template. I'm not sure that breaking up a url
> template into components is going to be an important feature of the
> templating scheme.

Ah, that's much clearer now, thanks.   I agree, at least for any use cases
that interest me, I merely want to do substitutions, and most of them are
pretty simple (albiet I do often somehow manage to grow the complexity of
things when I dive down into the. ;)

--
-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/