RE: uri-template: optional template parameters?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:44:28 -0500
To: <uri@w3.org>

Marc Hadley wrote:
>> Another possibility would be to use WADL[1] which allows you to add
additional metadata to template variables.

WADL is an interesting spec, thanks for pointing it out. A quick scan of the
spec makes me think it could be very valuable in a lot of contexts.

OTOH, it sadly doesn't (appear to) allow one of the things I really like
about URI Templates and that is the ability to reference in a <link> element
in the <head> of an HTML file.  At least not embedded in the document (I
guess you could put it in a resource and store a URI that references that
resource in a <link> element, but that adds a level of
indirection/abstraction that would significantly increase the complexity of
using it, and I think that could be a real negative w.r.t adoption.)

JMTCW.

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/