Singular vs. Plural?

From: Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:40:56 -0500
To: <uri@w3.org>

Hi all,

I just joined the list.  I asked a question on REST-discuss and had it
suggested it wasn't relevent to REST and when I asked for a better place to
discuss they suggested here.

Someone gave an example that included the following sample URLs:

>> http://example.org/places/{place}
>> http://example.org/people/{person}

And I asked: In your example, you used the plural of "place/places" and
"person/people."  Can you example why you chose plural, and the pros and
cons for singular vs. plural?

So I'm wondering if anyone here has developed a well-considered option of
singular vs. plural as metadata in URLs at this point?

-Mike Schinkel
http://www.mikeschinkel.com/blogs/
http://www.welldesignedurls.org/