Re: [Uri-review] Re: The 'javascript' scheme

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:15:43 +0900
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>, Paul Hoffman <phoffman@imc.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org, uri-review@ietf.org

At 19:11 06/11/09, Graham Klyne wrote:

>My unease with the javascript: case is that it's not so easy to identify an
>identified resource.  How is one to interpret a javascript: URI if it appears in
>a non-hyperlink type of context where other URIs can and do appear?

Hello Graham,

Sorry, but I somewhat don't get "a non-hyperlink type of context
where other URIs can and do appear". Can you give examples?

One example I have come up would be an XML namespace URI.
In that case, the namespace would just be identified literally
(i.e. by character-for-character comparison with other URIs
to check whether they are the same namespace or not). Same
for URIs/IRIs used in an RDF context.

Did you have this in mind (which in my eyes looks a bit too trivial
for asking the question above) or something else?

Regards,     Martin.