Re: The 'javascript' scheme

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 19:50:37 +0100
To: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Cc: uri@w3.org, uri-review@ietf.org

* Frank Ellermann wrote:
>Obviously I don't understand it, and don't know how to construct
>a javascript: URI from a given JS source, or how to implement it.

The simplest way to put it is this: the scheme-specific part of a
'javascript' resource identifier is a percent-encoded UTF-8 encoded
application/javascript entity; you should percent-encode the octet
that represents the '/' character, for all other characters RFC 3987
and RFC 3986 imply the relevant rules.

>> If it is possible to provide a complete ABNF, it would span
>> several dozens of pages.
>
>As far as the URI scheme is concerned I'd expect a few lines,
>addressing interesting cases for URI consumers and producers,
>with some examples.

It does address the '#', '/', and BOM cases, there are no other
interesting cases and there are several examples, valid and invalid.