Re: Apple does it again - pcast

Well, clue is usually embodied in the process as a review cycle;
unfortunately, doing so will just make people more likely to avoid
the process (as Apple has done anyway).

In the Header work, we actually split things up into a registry
(whose contents are reviewed; i.e., they go through IETF or other
open standards process) and a repository (which is informational
only, and unreviewed). Would that approach be appropriate here?

Ultimately, I think the answer will be vendor education; there are
relatively few entities writing widely-used frameworks for URI
resolution.