RE: XMPP IRIs: feedback requested

The connection method shouldn't matter.

mailto: doesn't specify whether you use SMTP or IMAP compose to send the
message to your server.

The version is then negotiated with the server you connect to, so it's even
further down the chain.  In practice, today there are two flavors of XMPP:
Pre-1.0, "Jabber" protocol, and 1.0, "XMPP".  The only difference that
should matter is if the syntax for the identifiers was different.  It's not,
except for the canonicalization and allowed characters are now more
precisely specified in 3920.  Those new rules shouldn't change the
processing of the URI/IRI scheme; we've been dealing with this potential
compatibility problem with no known issue ever since 3920 was published.

--
Joe Hildebrand

Confidentiality Note:
This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email
message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify Jabber, Inc. immediately by telephone at +303-308-3231.