RE: proposed patch

While I don't want to completely endorse Bjoern's email, the
term "relative URI" is used in draft-black-snmp-uri-07.txt,
which is currently in IETF Last Call and makes a normative
reference to the 2396bis draft to take advantage of numerous
improvements over RFC 2396.  If the term "relative
URI" is to be deprecated, I will have to make revisions to
the SNMP URI draft for what appears to be editorial taste
as opposed to a real technical issue.  If this needs to be
done, c'est la vie ...

Thanks,
--David
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754