Re: updating RFC 2718 (Guidelines for new URL schemes)

I  observe that there is an "school of thought" which posits that any
resource can and should be identified with an http URI. Without
addressing the merits of that argument, I would say the existence of
that argument, and the significant ignorance of that argument among
many important groups of implementers makes the
not-already-available-with-previously-registered-URI-schemes
criterion automatically controversial.

Perhaps this is obvious.

--

Eric Hellman, President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric@openly.com                                    2 Broad St., 2nd Floor