Re: info scheme has no authority component, why?

From: "Adam M. Costello BOGUS address, see signature"
> >   Lccn has no authority component because
> > the info:lccn just takes an existing lccn, normalizes it, and
sticks
> > it in a uri.  No authority, because nobody is coining the URI.
>
> I don't see how that matters.  RFC-2396 says:
>
>     Many URI schemes include a top hierarchical element for a naming
>     authority, such that the namespace defined by the remainder of
the
>     URI is governed by that authority.

But nobody (person or agent) has the authority to coins an info:lccn
uri.  A given string either is or isn't one: if it is of the form
'info:lccn/xxx' and there exists an lccn that normalizes to 'xxx' then
it is, if not it isn't. And in the latter case, in the future when
such an lccn does exists then that string becomes an info:lccn uri
automatically, upon assignment of the lccn.  So I'm not sure what an
authority component adds.

--Ray