Re: empty authority implies rel-path, not net-path?

From: Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:44:51 -0700 (MST)
To: uri@w3.org

> As far as I can tell, according to the grammar, the authority component can no
> longer be an empty string.

This was a mistake, obviously, so never mind. As I look over the spec yet
again, I am seeing the brackets that are now and always have been present in
the line

   host = [ IPv6reference / IPv4address / hostname ]

...whereas I am certain that my earlier confusion was a result of the gnomes
who had come in and removed them from my working copy that was on what is now
a failed & unrecoverable hard drive.

If, in the course of rewriting the tests that I was working on, I run into
whatever parsing issue was making me think empty authority components were
problematic, I'll let you know.

Embarrassed again,
-M.