Re: Fwd: draft-hoffman-news-nntp-uri-00.txt

At 8:39 AM -0700 8/25/04, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
>OK, I need specific suggestions for what to do.

In what form are you editing this.  Is an edited .txt of the full draft
a friendly input form for you and you take the diffs, or what other form
would you prefer?

>Should I go back to the 1738 definitions?

Most likely not.

>If not, exactly what do you think should be in the new document?

I think we need some implementation information.  For this we need some test
material.

Charles, can you come up with proposed RFC text and/or some test instances
of hyperlinks with news: and nntp: URIs as href values?

Fixing the grammar so we haven't broken nntp: is at the top of the
list.  I could probably grok and fix your other bug reports.

I will try to help if it comes to that.

I tried to ask on the WAI-IG list "do we particularly need to keep this up?"
and got some firm affirmatives.  Of course it is not clear whether
people thought I meant News as a service or 'news' URIs as a link notation.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2004JulSep/thread.html#356

Al