Summary, URIREV04 BOF, 8/6/2004 9-11:30am

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 20:05:52 -0700
To: Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>, "'Scott Hollenbeck'" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>
Cc: uri@w3.org

Summary, URIREV04 BOF, 8/6/2004 9-11:30 AM

We made good progress on several outstanding URI-related issues.
See minutes for details.

* draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis
  This is ready for IETF last call (for Standard). There was some
  discussion about section 6.3 (Canonicalization); comments on
  this section will be handled as Last Call comments.

* draft-duerst-iri
  This is also ready for IETF last call (for Proposed). We discussed an
  Informational document to give more guidelines use of URIs and IRIs.

* draft-hoffman-rfc1738bis
  This draft describes the URI schemes from RFC 1738.  After some
  discussion, we encouraged Paul Hoffman to split this into 7
  separate drafts, one for each scheme, to progress them independently.

* Revising RFC 2717 and 2718
  Tony Hansen and Ted Hardie will create a new document which
  replaces these, but with the idea that non-standards-track
  scheme registration will be much easier, with the main purpose
  to avoid duplicates.