Re: uri, urn and info

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:54:58 -0400
To: <hardie@qualcomm.com>, <uri@w3c.org>

From: <hardie@qualcomm.com>
> Just to clarify:  "no one has said that an info identifier is going to be
unique"
> means "no one has said that an info identifier will be the only
identifier",
> not "there may be duplicate identifiers which mean different things",
right?

Well it means the first, but I can't say it doesn't mean the second because
I'm not sure I understand what the second means (I'm not sure how you're
using "duplicate").  If it means the *same* identifier identifying two
different things, right, it *doesn't* mean that.  If it means two distinct
identifiers identifying the same thing, but meaning different things, well,
suppose you have an 'http' URI and an 'info' URI for the same resource. Do
they mean the same thing? I don't want to touch that.

--Ray