RE: draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-02

Hi Roy:

Just a brief comment on the revised draft. This passage from end 2nd para,
section 1.1.3, strikes me as very peculiar:

	'This specification deprecates use of the term "URN" for anything
but URIs in the "urn" scheme [RFC2141]. This specification also deprecates
the term "URL".'

Given that a URI scheme may be classified as a 'locator', a 'name' or both,
how can the term 'URL' be deprecated while maintaining the term 'URN'? This
seems to introduce an imbalance into the glossary of terms. Surely in the
contemporary view the only term of any significance is 'URI'. IMO the term
'URN' should be deprecated wholesale along with the term 'URL'. The 'urn'
scheme just marks out a certain class of URIs which have a particular
semantics - i.e. 'persistence'.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony Hammond