Re: Syntax Issues/Experience with RFC2396bis and abnf2re

I stand corrected on HEXDIG case-sensitivity.  Thanks everyone.
Sorry to take up bandwidth on it.

One other issue that I ran across in URI processing is that the
grammar allows an absolute-URI to have an empty path
(empty hier-part), meaning that http: and http:?x are
acceptable absolute-URIs.
absolute-URI  = scheme ":" ( hier-part / opaque-part )
hier-part     = [ net-path / abs-path ] [ "?" query ]

Possibly these forms could be useful as some form of
relative URI, but I don't see them as absolute URIs.   Even as
relative URIs, they seem dubious.