Re: Proposal: new top level domain '.urn' alleviates all need for urn: URIs

At 12:20 09/07/03 -0400, Michael Mealling wrote:
>I don't know. You're using a definition of equality drawn from OWL and
>not from RFC 2396. I don't use OWL and thus never intended for its
>definition of 'equality' to be used in any comments I made. When I talk
>about URIs _universally_ I make it a point to use only terms that are
>universal for all possible applications, past, present and future. That
>means the only definition of equality that's available to me is the one
>found in RFC 2396. You're talking about OWL's concept of equality which
>is a perfectly fine thing to do. OWL probably has a completely different
>definition of what a 'resource' (note no capitalization) might be.
>Again, I don't use OWL so its definitions are not in my lexicon.

Er, maybe I'm being rather forgetful here, but I don't recall that RFC2396
defines any notion of equality on resources.   I just checked all
occurrences of "equal" and none seemed to relate to equality of
resources.  Ditto "same".  Can you please point to the definition of
equality that you are using?

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>