Re: draft-wilde-text-fragment-01 (was: Including 'fragment identifier semantics' ...)

From: Erik Wilde <net.dret@dret.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:43:31 +0200
To: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
CC: uri@w3.org

hello.

> Is there any chance of defining what #name syntax might mean
> for text/plain? Or defining a text/plain fragment identifier
> such that text/plain and application/xhtml alternative content
> could share fragments?
>    Search for first occurrence of 'label:' or
>    '\n [0-9.A-Za-z]*\ ' + label

having a #name syntax would certainly be a nice thing, but in my opinion
there is no evidence that there is a pattern that could be reliably
searched for that clearly dominates other patterns. i would therefore
rather omit the #name syntax, but if consensus can be reached which
pattern should be used, then i have no problem with integrating it into
the draft.

cheers,

erik wilde  -  tel:+41-1-6325132  -  fax:+41-1-6321035
           mailto:net.dret@dret.net -  http://dret.net/
           computer engineering and networks laboratory
           swiss federal institute of technology  (eth)
           * try not. do, or do not. there is no try. *