Re: proposed charter items for possible URI working group

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:25:52 -0700
Cc: <uri@w3.org>
To: "Larry Masinter" <LMM@acm.org>

> I think Roy Fielding has started on some of this update work,
> but I haven't heard status in a while. Roy?

I have set up a public cvs module for tracking the editing of
the URI spec and an associated test suite.

    http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ietf-uri/

has all of the current stuff, including a validating xml version
of RFC 2396.  Anonymous cvs access is described in

    http://www.apache.org/foundation/cvs.html

I'll put together an issues list and welcome files and then put
it up on my website somewhere, followed by editing the spec itself.
So far, the only changes I have made (under the rev-2000
subdirectory) have been to update the front matter and improve XML
validation and XSLT translation of the document.

....Roy