Re: queries and references (was: URIs which identify multiple resources?)

Definitions are often choosen on their practical value,
rather than on philosophical considerations. In this
case, the URI is what you (e.g.) send to the server,
the URI Reference is what you (e.g.) put into an attribute.

Regards,  Martin.