Re: toward domain names in the public interest

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:15:45 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org
At 08:45 AM 9/26/01 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> > For at least some things, we need a system that
> > is more stable with less administrative overhead
> > than your proposal.
>
>Ah... then you agree it's potentially a good idea?
>Yes, I'd like to see something more scalable too.

If you accept the value of some names being allocated through a consensus
process, doesn't that rather limit the extent of scalability (of such
allocations)?

Which, BTW, I think is not necessarily a bad thing.  (As someone said here
recently, the great thing about standards is that there are so many to
chose from.)

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org