Re: Are URIs obsolete?

Hello Bjoern,

Please check XLink (1.0!) again. It does not use the term IRI
(because that's still a draft), but you will see that the content
of xlink:href can indeed be an IRI. The XLink spec also has some
nice examples; it's a pity that RFCs and Internet Drafts make
it difficult to use actual implementations.

Please also check XML Schema. There is a type called anyURI
(the name is mainly political), which also can be an IRI
(although again it doesn't say so).

A simple way to explain things is that everything is working
together except for me who is way behind on updating the
various drafts.

Regards,   Martin.