Re: Are URIs obsolete?

* Larry Masinter wrote:
>There are some minor edits, but more to the point, there was
>a lengthy comment from Leslie Daigle  (I think it is W3C Member-only
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-uri-ig/2001Mar/0040.html
>right now, unfortunately).

How will me mere mortals access what he wrote?

>I don't think there's any chance that IRIs will "obsolete" URIs
>in any meaningful sense, even if the IRI draft were to be approved
>(which it has not been).

So how and where do you expected IRIs to be used and implemented? For
example, XLink 1.0 was just approved as recommendation (based on URIs),
if one could not expect IRIs to be used in e.g. XLink 2.0, I have small
hope that they could be used in upcoming XHTML versions.