Re: equivalence relationships...

Howdy,

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Larry Masinter wrote:
> c) Consider carefully applying aliasing and fuzzy matching in order
>     to simplify the typin strategy.
>
> (a) and (b) are a matter of accomodating both current and upgraded
> software. (c) is not to accomodate software, but a matter of dealing
> with users who might otherwise have trouble typing URLs.
>
> > If there is not a well-known, algorithmically-applicable set of
> > rules to achieve this set of "multiple renditions", this should not
> > be suggested as a "SHOULD".
>
> You're right. (a) and (b) can be SHOULD, (c) is a MAY.

Per my previous mail on the subject this morning, I don't think we can
do it as a MAY.

I think I have now completely expressed what my concern is; hopefully
we can either discuss it, or someone can help me understand where I
fell off the discussion thread...

Leslie.

    If cats had bumper stickers:                  Leslie Daigle

      "I wake for food."                          Bunyip Information Systems
                -- ThinkingCat                    (514) 875-8611
                                                  leslie@bunyip.com