draft-fielding-uri-syntax-00

Keith Moore (moore@cs.utk.edu)
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 00:14:13 -0500

From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
cc: uri@bunyip.com, moore@cs.utk.edu, urn-ietf@bunyip.com, timbl@w3.org,
Subject: draft-fielding-uri-syntax-00
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 00:14:13 -0500

Roy,

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/url/uri.txt
mostly looks okay to me.

I think the URN people will want slightly different language
to distinguish between URLs and URNs: e.g. URNs are distinguished
not only because there is an extra resolution step, but also in
the rules for assignment and use that are designed to make them
more likely to be suitable as long-term identifiers.

In the section on relative URIs, you might want to explicitly
say that some schemes do not use relative URIs.

But that's all I found on a quick glance-through.
If you can tweak the URN description slightly, I'd say ship it.

Would one of the URN group chairs or authors be willing to
suggest, by private mail to Roy, appropriate wording changes?

Keith