found it

Michael Mealling (michael@bailey.dscga.com)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:56:34 -0500 (EST)

From: Michael Mealling <michael@bailey.dscga.com>
Subject: found it
To: uri@bunyip.com
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:56:34 -0500 (EST)

I never realized how far back Ron's URI archive went back. We've been
talking about this stuff since '92. Here's one that will brink
back some interesting thoughts:

URLs and Beyond from John Kunze
http://www.acl.lanl.gov/URI/archive/uri-92.messages/0010.html

Or the minutes from the Washington meeting in '92:
http://www.acl.lanl.gov/URI/archive/uri-92.messages/0014.html

In one message I talked about something called a URM. I have absolutely no
idea what I was talking about. ;-)

The earliest messages mention the ietf-url list that Chris
when he was at Merit. Does anyone have that archive anywhere? Merit doesn't
have any info about it.

-MM

Michael Mealling	| 505 Huntmar Park Drive       | Phone:  (703)742-0400
Software Engineer	| Herndon, VA 22070	       | Fax:    (703)742-9552
Network Solutions	| <URL:http://www.netsol.com>  | michaelm@rwhois.net