Re: Use of ";" in relative URLs: procedural issue?

At 07:26 97.02.03 -0800, Larry Masinter wrote:
>There is a proposal to change the definition of relative URL
>processing from that previously defined in RFC 1808 and
>draft-fielding-url-syntax around processing of relative URLs that
>This is quite attractive, and is important for some schemes.  No one
>seems to implement this currently, though, so introducing it at this
>point seems like we would at least have to start over at "Proposed
>Standard", and should only do so if the consensus of the community is
>that this is the right thing to do.

Larry,

This is just a personal opinion, but, to me, this is a good idea that falls
into the general category of "probably have to do it (or something like it)
sooner or later -- doing it now, however painful, is likely to be less
painful than doing it a few years hence".

 regards,
    john