Re: Various points re. URL syntax drafti

Martin J. Duerst (mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:27:07 +0100 (MET)

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 16:27:07 +0100 (MET)
From: "Martin J. Duerst" <mduerst@ifi.unizh.ch>
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: uri@bunyip.com
Subject: Re: Various points re. URL syntax drafti

On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Larry Masinter wrote:

> # Yes, I also wouldn't want to extend the list. But what about
> # an ftp example from Europe, a mail example from Canada, a
> # gopher example from Asia, or something similar?
>
> In principle, this is fine.

So here are a few examples:

For ftp, the draft itself provides many:
	ftp.is.co.za (Africa), nic.nordu.net (Europe),
   	munnari.oz.au (Pacific Rim)
Probably South Africa (ftp.is.co.za/rfc/rfc1808.txt) is the nicest.

HTTP: This is a tough one, because we don't want to be commercial,
and we don't want a site that's not up to the specs (more or less,
anyway). Here are a few from my bookmark list:
http://www.dkuug.dk/maits/i18n
http://www.math.uio.no/faq/compression-faq/part1.html

For mailto: I hope you have a few friends oversees :-).

Sorry, I'm not a gopher adept.

Please write me if you need more help.

Regards,	Martin.