Re: revised mailto spec

If this is the same proposal as has been around for a while
to make a mailto: URL a way of extracting data by email
reply, then I would oppose that.

Cocneptually, a mailto: URL is a point in th eemail address
space.  It is a well defined and importamt space.  Mail addresses
behave in certain ways.   There are things I can do with them.
(For example, I can display a list of all messages I know of recently
to and from that address).

If you try to hook on a space of information objects retrievable
by email application, you get  quite different space and a quite
different behaviour. (You will want to cache results, and track
requests).  Muddling the two would be a mistake -- it would
confuse users, and mean that a whole extra set of behaviour would have
to be taken into account by the software.  It would also be
a very messy architectural decision.

Tim Berners-Lee