Re: A Small-College Software Engineering Project

Shawn G. Doughty (doughty@cis.nmclites.edu)
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 00:16:59 +0000

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 00:16:59 +0000
From: "Shawn G. Doughty" <doughty@cis.nmclites.edu>
Subject: Re: A Small-College Software Engineering Project
To: brianc@saintjoe.edu
Cc: uri@bunyip.com, cs44@saintjoe.edu

here is an idea.  CIS needs to find similar projects out on the net and
integrate them or atleast make them available to students.  For example
maybe the C programming class or Systems Analysis & Design, Soft. Eng.,
could do analysis, programming or whatever on real-world projects off the
net.  Even little things like the linux dialog program which gives linux
its color menu installation screens took quite a bit of effort to
produce.  dialog in particular was a coordinated project involving email
collaboration of 4 people around the world.

could be some real interesting potential with this.

doughty@cis.nmclites.edu
doughty@nmc1.nmclites.edu