Re: whither URI

Jim Conklin (conklin@info.cren.net)
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 11:59:26 -0500

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 11:59:26 -0500
To: Leslie Daigle <leslie@beethoven.bunyip.com>, masinter@parc.xerox.com,
From: conklin@info.cren.net (Jim Conklin)
Subject: Re: whither URI

  I think Leslie is right about the need to keep close and careful
coordination between the groups working on the addressing, resolution,
metadata of UR's (and I might add architecture, since I have this feeling
that an architecture is what we're somewhat unsuccessfully working around),
and that they need to proceed in parallel, not serially in order to have
that coordination.
  I am concerned about overload, though, which I believe is what motivated
Larry's and Keith's comments.

Jim