Re: URNs, handles, and Stockholm

From: Michael Mealling <Michael.Mealling@oit.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 19:24:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: Michael.Mealling@oit.gatech.edu (Michael Mealling)
Cc: warms@CNRI.Reston.VA.US, uri@bunyip.com, dely@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Michael Mealling said this:
> William Y. Arms said this:
> > At Stockholm, we can demonstrate storing and resolving handles,
> > adminstrative tools, security, use of caching and proxy servers, etc.
> > Currently there are several million handles loaded in the system which can
> > be used for stress testing, etc.  Alternatively, it is straightforward to
> > do mathematical analysis of the system, given assumptions about patterns of
> > use, but harder to guess what patterns will emerge.  What other preparation
> > should we make for the meeting?
>
> I don't want to sound like I'm whining here but this is what concerns me.
> Some of the URN schemes discussed are being developed by people who have
> no budget and one programmer while others have massive development arms.

Well, a few have pointed out that I was whining and that I shouldn't.
I therefore retract what I said. It was inappropriate. It was not
based on any expereinces I have had so bringing it up now was rather
rude of me.

If any offense was taken please let me know. I'll make sure to buy
you a beer or two in Stockholm.

-MM

Life is a game. Someone wins and someone loses. Get used to it.
<BR>
<HR><A HREF="http://www.gatech.edu/michael.html">Michael Mealling</A>