Re: Whither URI: Revising the charter, disband URI?

Roy Fielding (fielding@beach.w3.org)
Wed, 05 Jul 1995 17:10:48 -0400

To: uri@bunyip.com
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: Whither URI: Revising the charter, disband URI?
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 1995 17:10:48 -0400
From: Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>

>> Revise the URL document (RFC 1738) and move it to the next step on the
>> standards track (Draft standard?), taking into account the comments of the IESG
>> at the time they went to Draft Standard.  (Larry, you said that Roy
>> may have colunteered to do this. Is that the case?)
>
>yes, draft standard. Comments not only of the IESG but various others
>as well. In fact, it's reasonable to review how many of the
>recommendations made in the URL document actually have been
>implemented at the end of 6 months. Roy may well have volunteered, but
>it would be reassuring to hear again from him on this.

Yes, I will do it.  I have arranged to have it be one of my primary
tasks while at W3C, so I'm already committed to spending the time.
However, I think it should wait until after Stockholm, since I won't
be there and the list is already filled with discussion.  If anyone
has a list of desired changes (or even a marked-up copy of RFC 1738),
please send them to me or give them to TimBL or Dan Connolly at
Stockholm.

Could someone also forward to me the comments from the IESG?
I heard Erik's comments at San Jose, but there should be something
written down somewhere, right?

 ....Roy T. Fielding  Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
                      Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
                      (fielding@w3.org)                (fielding@ics.uci.edu)