Re: Whither URI: Revising the charter, disband URI?

Karen R. Sollins (sollins@lcs.mit.edu)
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 13:50:51 -0400

Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 13:50:51 -0400
From: "Karen R. Sollins" <sollins@lcs.mit.edu>
To: rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov
Cc: masinter@parc.xerox.com, uri@bunyip.com
Subject: Re: Whither URI: Revising the charter, disband URI?

Ron,

Thanks for keeping the charter thing going.  In light of my recent
internet-draft and the note I just sent to Larry and all of you
earlier today about what aspects of the URN resolution business should
and should not be standardized, I suggest that we should have a
discussion about that before we caste in stone (or even plastic) a
charter.  I hope we can have that discussion in Stockholm early in the
agenda and that there won't be too much disagreement (but with this
group...:-), so that we can move ahead with the more specific stuff.
And, of course, agree on changes to the charter.

			Karen