Re: Second round for new URL scheme (mailserver)

Some mailservers require a special non-standard header (X-?)
to indicate with mailing list is intended.  The Linux developer
lists are this way, although I believe you can put the header in
the body if you can't affect the header.

Priority, expiry, etc. and other things that might need to be
ignored should go there.  In other words: headers are easily
ignored by software that doesn't understand them, while body
text is usually required to be fully within some syntax.
Thus headers are a good place to put 'hints', upward
compatible enhancements, meta info, etc.

--
Stephen D. Williams    25Feb1965 VW,OH      sdw@lig.net http://www.lig.net/sdw
Senior Consultant      510.503.9227 CA Page 513.496.5223 OH Page BA Aug94-Dec95