Re: PR Preview build issues

On 2/14/22 2:16 AM, Tobie Langel wrote:
> I want to be clear that fixing this issue is not a priority for me. I
> encourage the community to step up and coordinate a fix on GitHub[3].

I just wanted to share some words of appreciation for Tobie here and say
"Thank you for building PR Preview and supporting it out of the kindness in
your heart for many years now". This is really a thank you to everyone on this
mailing list building tooling that supports the various open standards
communities.

Every WG and CG I'm involved in uses PR Preview. It's been a vital tool to
help those that can't easily read PR diffs (most WG/CG members) and the
Editors (who need to convey what's changing in a human-readable way).

I also wanted to +1 the "it's not a priority for me" part of it. I'm sure all
of us building and supporting tools are overloaded and have received our fair
share of "open source support abuse" the "How dare you not support a bug-free,
five-nines infrastructure in your spare time!?".

This is the appropriate and healthy way to draw the line between supporting a
community and ensuring your own sanity and frankly, the open source community
needs more maintainers doing this.

Thanks for the heads-up, Tobie. I'd be motivated to help, if I weren't so
overloaded already doing other community support tasks. I'll spread the
message in the CGs and WGs in which I'm involved to see if anyone else steps
up to share the load.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/