Re: On the new header style

On 10/12/21 7:24 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
>> On 8 Oct 2021, at 10:58 pm, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>> I do like the new header style generated by respec with the detail element. However, there’s something strange about the “More details about this document” label when the content is already expanded when one opens the document. Wouldn't it be more logical to set the detail element to not expanded by default?
>
> Yes, absolutely. There are various opinion around this and there are a few reasons we left it open for now.
>
>   * it will be closed by default
>   * If you open it, PLH is working on script that will remember your choice, so then all w3c or github.io specs will remember the user's choice.

Marcos, can you clarify what you mean here? You said both
"we left it open for now"
"it will be closed by default"

As I mentioned in
   https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/issues/145
and
   https://www.w3.org/mid/a4a76d22-4964-0b62-8156-1b96e3387eda@inkedblade.net
I think it should be open by default, so that people new to the specs see all
of the information that they wouldn't otherwise think to look for.

~fantasai