Re: Feedback sought on reorganizing the list of W3C Technical Reports

Hi Gregg,

Le 15/03/2021 à 18:14, Gregg Kellogg a écrit :
> Giving the community the ability to edit and/or update tags and families
> might be useful, and organizing based on common citations, or creating a
> meta-family that is populated through such analysis could be useful.

That's a great suggestion - having discussed this with Denis, we will
look into making the two proposed classification schemeq of the TR
redesign (spec families and tags) collaboratively maintained on github.
This can hopefully also serve as a way to bootstrap concrete proposals
in what classification to use as the default structure of the TR page.

> That said, I’m really supportive if this effort, as /TR is otherwise
> pretty opaque, and any effort at categorizing would be an improvement.
> Perhaps tags might show up as a UI element of the different families
> and/or related documents that could themselves be navigable.

Note that the cards for each specs in the resign includes a list of tags
that can be used to find tag-related specifications; this isn't applied
at the family level, but I could imagine further iterations on the
redesign could surface them if we get a consistent tagging model - which
again, I hope the collaborative approach sketched above can help us achieve.

Dom