Re: Feedback sought on reorganizing the list of W3C Technical Reports

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:59:01 -0800
To: spec-prod@w3.org
On 1/11/21 3:55 AM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> Denis and I have been working on a wireframe-mockup of how a TR page
> reorganized along these lines would look like:
>
> https://cdn.statically.io/gh/w3c/tr-pages/family-grouping/family-mockup/status.html

Commenting on the layout: I don't think a grid layout is what you want. Lists
like this need to be skimmable more than anything, and for that you want
consistent spacing between items and density. If you want more than one
column, use either multicol or masonry layout, so that the contents of each
column stacks independently.

And again, consistent spacing. The way you're handling headings and metadata
is breaking vertical rhythm.

~fantasai