Re: [ReSpec] UNOFFICIAL DRAFT background

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 17:30:26 -0800
To: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On 11/12/20 2:13 PM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
 > body { background-image: none !important; } did the trick.
 >
 > Still don't understand what's the point of it.

Please don't set globally-effective override styles like that in your local
spec. If there's a problem with the global styles, you can file it in
https://github.com/w3c/tr-design

But we need to keep things consistent, otherwise it's not possible to have
centrally-managed consistent styles for all our specs. I'm already in the
middle of several days cleaning up the mess of different spec stylesheets that
have explicitly set their own backgrounds on body/html, which has led to
breakage at certain screen widths with images not getting attached correctly.

~fantasai
who is not getting paid for cleaning up this mess and would appreciate people
not making it worse