Re: [bikeshed] Bikeshed is now on Python 3; update instructions enclosed

From: Fuqiao Xue <xfq@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 11:30:29 +0800
Cc: "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On Mar 20, 2020, at 8:04 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And now Bikeshed is up on PyPI, so as soon as you've made sure you're
> on Python 3.7, you should be able to just run:
>
>    pip install bikeshed && bikeshed update
>
> And be good to go. Then, occasionally update it with:
>
>    pip install --upgrade bikeshed && bikeshed update
>
> Let me know if this works for people (it did for me, but I can never
> be sure it's not due to some fiddling I did on my dev machine), or if
> you have any issues!

Thank you Tab! I tried installing it in my macOS environment with homebrew-installed Python 3, and pip emitted the following warning:

  WARNING: The script pygmentize is installed in '/Users/xfq/Library/Python/3.7/bin' which is not on PATH.
  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
  WARNING: The script bikeshed is installed in '/Users/xfq/Library/Python/3.7/bin' which is not on PATH.
  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.

After adding the directory to PATH, bikeshed works as expected for me.

Fuqiao