Re: [bikeshed] Bikeshed is now on Python 3; update instructions enclosed

> On Mar 20, 2020, at 11:30 AM, Fuqiao Xue <xfq@w3.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 20, 2020, at 8:04 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> And now Bikeshed is up on PyPI, so as soon as you've made sure you're
>> on Python 3.7, you should be able to just run:
>>
>>   pip install bikeshed && bikeshed update
>>
>> And be good to go. Then, occasionally update it with:
>>
>>   pip install --upgrade bikeshed && bikeshed update
>>
>> Let me know if this works for people (it did for me, but I can never
>> be sure it's not due to some fiddling I did on my dev machine), or if
>> you have any issues!
>>

> Thank you Tab! I tried installing it in my macOS environment with homebrew-installed Python 3, and pip emitted the following warning:
>
>  WARNING: The script pygmentize is installed in '/Users/xfq/Library/Python/3.7/bin' which is not on PATH.
>  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
>  WARNING: The script bikeshed is installed in '/Users/xfq/Library/Python/3.7/bin' which is not on PATH.
>  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
>
> After adding the directory to PATH, bikeshed works as expected for me.

By the way, if I install Bikeshed using `pip3 install --user bikeshed`, running `bikeshed spec` emits the following warning:

   fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
   WARNING: Couldn't discover the current Bikeshed version. Please report this error:
   Command 'git rev-parse HEAD' returned non-zero exit status 128.

If I install Bikshed by running `pip3 install -e .` in the Git repo, running bikeshed won’t emit such warning.

Fuqiao