Re: HTML and DOM LS normative and informative references

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 14:38:48 +1000
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org
To: Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com>

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 6:52 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie.langel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Would you want me to make the changes in Specref ?

I don't think we need to - I've seen specs talk about the W3C specs specifically in non-normative notes. For example [1] has a note, "WAI-ARIA support was first introduced to HTML in [HTML5]." - which makes a historical reference to the old spec for anyone interested in the provenance of WAI-ARIA.

[1] https://w3c.github.io/html-aam/#mapping_general