Re: respec: nested data-include usage

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 14:21:07 +1000
Cc: Spec Prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Hi David,

> On Jun 25, 2019, at 8:13 PM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > The include filter runs recursively so that included content that contains data-include attributes will work
>
> so I think it's supposed to work?

I checked the code and it doesn't seem we support recursion - so apologies if the documentation is incorrect:

https://github.com/w3c/respec/blob/develop/src/core/data-include.js

It should be trivial to add support for recursion, however: just need to walk check for more `data-include`s after included. It's not something I can work on at the moment, however - but if you want to have a go at adding support, I can walk you through it over on GitHub.