Re: [Project review] How to make the best of GitHub for your specification? - 17 December 2015

Thanks Philippe,

One technical query I don't think I've seen an answer for yet, under the
Migration heading:

What's the best way to migrate the Mercurial keywords replacement
functionality?

For example, if you used to have a .hgrc file such as the following needed
for building TTML (using XMLSpec) with entries like:

[keyword]
ttml1/spec/ttml1.xml =
ttml2/spec/ttml2.xml =

[keywordmaps]
Author = {author|user}
Date = {date|utcdate}
Header = {root}/{file},v {node|short} {date|utcdate} {author|user}
Id = {file|basename},v {node|short} {date|utcdate} {author|user}
RCSFile = {file|basename},v
RCSfile = {file|basename},v
Revision = {node|short}
Source = {root}/{file},v

(probably not all of those keyword maps entries are actually needed, so
please excuse my untidiness)

Then how do you reproduce that behaviour in github?

All answers appreciated - a quick web search indicates there are a variety
of techniques available, so any known good practices would be welcome.

Nigel

On 16/12/2015 23:01, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org> wrote:

>On 12/11/2015 09:10 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

>>> Nice doc PLH; thanks!
>>>
>>> (Although I did have a LOL moment since this doc doesn't appear to be
>>> available on Github (and if it is, please cite the repo in the doc).)
>>
>> Not yet for my own practical purpose. I also meant to have a propoer
>> html version of those slides but been lacking time.
>
>HTML version of the slides is at:
>   http://www.w3.org/2015/Talks/1217-github-w3c/

>Philippe

http://www.bbc.co.uk