Re: Echidna now supports TAR files

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Antonio Olmo Titos <antonio@w3.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Last week we updated Echidna to a new version:
> https://labs.w3.org/echidna/api/version
> https://github.com/w3c/echidna/releases/tag/v1.5.0
>
> The change was adding support for TAR files: from now on, if the URL you
> pass to Echidna points to an uncompressed TAR archive, Echidna will
> download it, extract its contents and take it up from there as usual.
>
> On the wiki:
> https://github.com/w3c/echidna/wiki/Preparing-your-document#tar-file
>
> As always, let us know of issues or suggestions!

Oh, I misunderstood the GH issue - this still requires uploading the
file to a publicly-addressable webserver and then passing a url to
Echidna?

If this is the case, using tar files is *less* convenient than what we
had to do before, because there's an extra step of "make a tar file"
where before all you had to do was upload your folder of stuff.  The
entire point of asking for tar file support was so we could curl an
entire folder of resources to Echidna *directly*, skipping the "upload
to a webserver" step.  This does not help Bikeshed in any significant
way at the moment.

~TJ