TOC Sidebar (Re: Proposed Final Design for W3C Technical Reports style in 2016)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:39:02 -0500
Cc: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Hey, folks–

As much as I love the new design, I have to admit that the TOC sidebar
(cool as it is) is really distracting for me when I'm trying to read a
spec. Perhaps it's the width, or the left-side position; I'm not sure,
but it continually draws my eyes away and disrupts my reading flow.

But I'd definitely like a way to collapse the TOC sidebar (that doesn't
involve me changing the size of my browser window, which I keep
full-screen to help me focus).

Regards–
–Doug