Re: Introducing W3C's JavaScript repository

On 28/07/15 Antonio wrote:
> Hello
> Too often, we upload to w3.org new copies of JS resources that are
> publicly available on the site already. Examples of those JS libraries
> or files are: jQuery, Slidy, swfobject.js, MathJax, impress.js,
> Prism... We commit those files, often in the exact same versions, when
> we create specs, pages about events, group pages, staff-only pages,
> personal pages, etc.
> There are good reasons to try to avoid this redundancy ¹.
> From now on, please check if the JS module you need is here, before
> uploading a new copy:
> https://www.w3.org/scripts/
> If it is not, but still it is a fairly popular module that others
> might need too, please write sysreq@w3.org or w3t-sys@w3.org to get it
> added to the repository.
> We realise the current list is limited -- we included a few of the
> most common libraries, but will add more in the future.
> You are encouraged to link to any JS files there from any page *within
> W3C space*. The JS files themselves are world-readable, so any visitor
> of your pages will be able to retrieve them.
> This index page, on the other hand, we decided to keep staff-only for
> now: there is some concern that if it were public, this repo would be
> (mis)treated by some from non-W3C sites as a free CDN (which it is not).
> For more information, questions or suggestions, please read/contribute
> on the wiki: https://www.w3.org/Team/wiki/JS , or drop us a line!
> ····
> ¹ https://www.w3.org/Team/wiki/JS#Purpose

Hello

By popular demand, our little JS repository has seen some additions
since we announced it:

    • jQuery UI 1.11.4
    • Shower 1.0.7
    • MathJax 2.5.3 (new version)

Kindly remember to check here first before you upload yet another copy
of jQuery to the site.

If the framework/library you want is not listed there && it is not too
obscure {
    feel free to write w3t-sys@w3.org to add it to
https://www.w3.org/scripts/
}